Rise of the Phoenix (witty, huh?)

While I realize that just about everyone who reads this blog also follows SNL, I felt obligated to point out what a tremendous job Phoenix did last Saturday. Having only heard one of their songs prior to this, I was curious to see what they were all about. Their performances of Lisztomania and 1901 (both from their upcoming release Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix, due in May) were absolutely flawless. Phoenix has managed to launch itself onto my very exclusive list of artists which I will happily part with my hard-earned money for. Kudos, Frenchies.
Random thoughts from their performance:
-They look genuinely happy to be there, unlike a lot of the "too cool for school" bands that play SNL
-The little Indian-looking drummer is f'ing awesome. I wish every drummer played with that much gusto. (Though he appears to not be an official member of the band, which is a disappointment.)

No comments: