Those Wild Things

If you have friends like mine, you've no doubt seen the WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE trailer. It's directed by Spike Jonze from the cherished children's book of the same name and it looks amazing.

Particularly of note is the choice of song, "Wake Up" by Arcade Fire and I loves me some Arcade Fire. It just flows together so well, and captures the mood of the movie so effectively. There was a discussion going on at work about how a song can be so intrinsically tied to a movie where you hear that song, and you think of that movie. It came up with M.I.A and PINEAPPLE EXPRESS and I think the same thing is going to happen for FAST AND FURIOUS and the Does It Offend You, Yeah* song. I think that song rocks, and it almost makes me want to see that movie. I think the same can happen for this film. That "Wake Up" comes on the radio the next six months, and you'll see the trailer. Such a good song.

I've been a fan of the Fire (we're that close) for a while now. "No Cars Go" is perhaps one of my favorite songs. Ever. So if a movie can effectively use their music, I'm all on board. If it's a good adaptation of a book we all loved as kids, even better. If Spike Jonze is helming the project, I couldn't ask for anything more.

In the words of The Guys, "I jizz in my pants."

Here's the link to see the trailer in full HD glory (rather than posting a YouTube link that will be down in a day or two).

*I always forget if this is the name of the band or the song. Also, I don't remember the name of the song.

No comments: