Death Magnetic

Been hearing a lot of buzz surrounding the new Metallica album, Death Magnetic. Gave it a quick listen a couple nights ago and I was still undecided, but leaning towards a recommendation. The first track I played was The Unforgiven III. The entire trilogy is sublime, and I am going to have to re-listen to both the first, and greatly underrated second tune. 

As a side note, Unforgiven III was featured as a Jed the Fish 'catch of the day' today on kroq. After the song played, Jed mistakenly called it 'Forgiven 3,' embarrassingly enough. 

I look forward to hearing more of the new album. In the meantime here is the 2nd clip:




-dk

1 comment:

Stroker Ace said...

I don't know what to make of Metallica anymore. After being such a die hard fan in my youth, I find myself kind of turned off by them now. Maybe it was the return of the hard stuff on St. Anger, or maybe it was seeing your boyhood idols crying on film... But something about them has just rubbed me the wrong way lately .