Inaugural Thoughts



I really liked the choice and arrangement of this piece. It really reflected the tone of Obama's campaign and the mood of the nation as a whole. It opens dark, dreary and buildings into something really positive, overall.

I think the cello could be one of the coolest string instruments. It has so much weight in each note, it commands attention.

(Note: I have not verified the audio in this clip. I viewed it on mute while at work. I'll swap it out later if there are issues.)

On another musical note, Aretha Franklin sounds good, but you can hear the age in her voice. Maybe it's time to hang it up there, Aretha. And by it, I mean your breasts, they're kind of out of control. That bow on her head was huge, but I guess the rule is head wear should be proportional to chest size.

No comments: