Rock Out With My Puck Out

The LA Kings are in the Stanley Cup Final and I can't believe I just typed that. Seriously, this season has been a long, labored effort. They looked left for dead, but somehow peaked at the right time and flew into the playoffs under the radar and have been kicking ass and taking names. And that says nothing about the past two seasons of playoff woes and the long drought before that. It's been a long time coming.

Speaking of long time coming, we've got a week layoff between games. I decided to put together a playlist to remind me of the wins and pump me up even more for the cup. So, enjoy the clips below and comment or tweet me with your suggestions.

The Kings ran this intro video for the second round against the Blues. Set to My Chemical Romance's "Black Parade" it's eerily fitting. As a Kings fan for the past 19 years, broken, beaten and damned is a pretty apt description.



Vancouver Canucks, St. Louis Blues and Phoenix Coyotes. The Kings rolled through all of them. Here are three souvenir songs from those series.

This Canucks song set to Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know" makes me laugh every time.



The Kings swept the St. Louis Blues, first sweep in franchise history, proving LA has nothing to be blue about. Take it away, Peggy Lee.



The Coyotes use the Black Keys' "Howlin' For You" as their goal horn song. Since I like this song, and they didn't score very many goals it goes in the trophy case.



If the girls in our group don't get on the Dance Cam, it's a disappointment. When Katie wasn't at Game 4 against the Blues, Jen held down the fort. I put "Sexy and I Know It" on the list since that was the song Jen danced to, but insert your preferred LMFAO song, as it's usually one of their songs on the Dance Cam. I can't bring myself to link to their actual video, so enjoy this dance cam clip with Tom Hanks.



Now for the pump up songs.

We're skating to one song, and one song only!



Back in Black and back in the Stanley Cup Final.







And of course, LA arena staples...





Though I always think Dodgers first when it comes to that one, it is part of the Kings Goal Horn song.

And of course, the Goal Horn Song set to a photo of the Redemption Line's series clinching goal celebration. Special note to the angry Cry-otes fan behind the glass.





So are you pumped yet?

Go Kings Go!

[STANLEY CUP FINAL UPDATE]

CBC made a great montage to kick off the series.



And after the Kings made it 2-0, the Twitter feed didn't disappoint.



2 more to go!

[EDIT]

1 more to go!

No comments: